Library Board of Advisors
The purpose of the Scott County Library Board of Advisors is to help determine the policies of the library system. The board carries out a variety of responsibilities to ensure that the library operates from a solid and trusted foundation shaped by the community it serves. As a team, the Library Advisory Board works together to assess customer input, encourages innovation and creativity, fosters thoughtful and strategic discussions about opportunities and challenges, and supports the library staff. As individuals, Advisory Board members use their personal and professional interests, expertise, and connections to raise the library's profile in the community and support the library's long-term vision. The Board is appointed by the Scott County Board of Commissioners.
The Scott County Library Board of Advisors meets at minimum four times a year at 5:30pm. on the third Thursday of meeting months. All meetings are open to the public. Find upcoming Library Board meetings on the SCL Event Calendar
- January 19, 2023 - Shakopee Library
- April 20, 2023 - New Prague Library
- September 21, 2023 - Library Administration
- November 16, 2023 - Prior Lake Library
Agendas & Minutes
- View recent Library Board Agendas & Minutes
- Agendas are posted at least 3 days in advance of the meeting.
- Amy Sticha, New Prague - Commissioner District 1 (Term Expires 12/31/2024)
- Chuck MacLean, Elko New Market - Commissioner District 2 (Term Expires 12/31/2023)
- Katie Lee, Shakopee - Commissioner District 3 (Term expires 12/31/2024)
- Jill Kufrin, Prior Lake - Commissioner District 4 (term expires 12/31/2025)
- Lauren Spranger, Prior Lake - Commissioner District 5 (Term expires 12/31/2025)
View Library Locations & Hours
If you are interested in applying to be a future member of the Library Board of Advisors, complete the online application form or contact Cara at email@example.com or at 952-496-8169.
For information about the Library Board of Advisors, please contact Scott County Library Administration: 952-496-8010