Summer Reading 2021
Celebrate a season of reading with Summer Spotlight:
Saturday, June 5 – Saturday, August 28, 2021
For ages birth - 18
Summer Spotlight 2021 update: We’re planning a summer of fun with a variety of virtual, outdoor, and pick-up program options for you and your family. Our programming may change in response to pandemic conditions this summer; check here or our events calendar for updates.
Check back here starting May 15th for more details on the schedule of events.
What's New for 2021
- Summer Spotlight packets: Pick up your age-specific four-page activity booklet with reading log in the library beginning June 1st. Help us prepare for summer by filling out the Summer Spotlight packet RSVP.
- Weekly activity pickups: Visit your library to pick up a different family, kid, or teen projects each week (while supplies last).
- In-Person events and programs: The library is planning some limited, socially-distanced in-person programs with required COVID-19 protocols. Events may include: outdoor programs and classes at local park shelters and single-household library programs by appointment.
- Checkout programs: Now you can have a library event in your own home! These kits contain activities found in some of our popular programs including an escape room, a book party, and early literacy Take Home Play Kits.
- Bonus Book Week: Complete the coupon in your Summer Spotlight booklet and bring it to your local Scott County Library between July 6-17th to pick out a free bonus book. Earn a second free book by completing your Summer Spotlight Reading Challenge.
What's Returning for 2021
- Weekly videos: Enjoy new videos featuring library staff, community guests, and your favorite performers. We'll have stories, science, music, dance and more this summer. Check our events calendar weekly for featured content.
- Online reading log option for all ages: Hosted by Beanstack, you can use Summer Spotlight Online to track your reading. Stay motivated with virtual badges and compete along side your family.
Why ParticipateEngaging in reading and learning activities this summer will get your kids ready for school in the fall. Summer Spotlight features fun and educational screen-free and real life activities.
Starting May 14th , visit our events page for June Summer Spotlight programming. July and August programming will be posted later to allow for additional planning and guidelines.
For announcements about these opportunities as they are scheduled, sign up for our Kids, Teens, and Families Newsletter.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the library's Spotlight Crew. We're sorry; we are unable run our Spotlight Crew program this summer.
For more information this summer and all year, sign up for our newsletters, full of featured events for kids and adults, delivered to your inbox every month!