In partnership with the University of Minnesota, the Extension Committee assists in formulating programs, establishing budgets, and selecting and evaluating professional staff to improve the quality of life and enhance the economy and the environment through education, applied research, and the resources of the University of Minnesota.
The Extension Committee meets five times per year. Meetings occur at 5:15 PM on Wednesday evenings.
There are seven citizen members of the Extension Committee: one from each Commissioner District and two youth at-large positions. The members serve three-year terms, and are eligible to serve three consecutive terms.
- Joy Schmitt, Jordan - Commissioner District 1 - Current term ends December 31, 2025
- Anne Thoresen - Commissioner District 2 - Current term ends December 31, 2024
- Joseph Green - Commissioner District 3 - Current term ends December 31, 2024
- Ben Burnett -- Commissioner District 4 - Current term ends December 31, 2024
- Mandy Urness - Commissioner District 5 - Current term ends December 31, 2023
- Sean Wirtz, Prior Lake -- Youth-at-Large - Current term ends December 31, 2023
- Agrim Joshi -- Youth-at-Large - When filled current term ends December 31, 2024
If you are interested in applying to be a future member of the Scott County Extension Committee, complete the online application form or contact Cara at email@example.com or at 952-496-8169.