What We Accept
Accepted Items and Wastes (A-Z List)
- Automotive Chemicals: Gas, oil, antifreeze (these must be in a container that is 2-1/2 gallons or smaller in size), brake fluid, power steering fluid, car wax, etc.
- Adhesives and Putty
- Aerosol Spray Products: Spray paint, oven cleaner, pesticides, lubricant sprays, contact cleaner
- Appliances: For $10 each, standard household appliances (both small and large) such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, dehumidifiers, microwaves, window air conditioners, water softeners, etc. are accepted. Some specialty appliances (Ammonia, etc.) can carry fees ranging from $150-$1000 depending on size. (cash, check, and credit card is accepted)
- Automotive Chemicals: Gas, oil, antifreeze (these must be in a container that is 2-1/2 gallons or smaller in size), oil filters, brake fluid, power steering fluid, car wax, etc.
- Bicycles: We are now able to accept small numbers of bicycles at no charge.
- Cardboard: Limited quantities of flattened cardboard is now accepted for recycling.
- Christmas Lights: All holiday lights are accepted year round free of charge.
- Clothing: Clothing, shoes and household textiles in reusable condition. (Please bring in a plastic bag)
- Electronics: Televisions and computer monitors are accepted for a fee of $10 each, regardless of size with the exception of console and rear projection TV's, which cost $20. Printers, stereo, household electronics and computer components (keyboards, cords, etc.) are accepted free of charge, Holiday lights are also accepted at no charge throughout the year.
- Fluorescent Bulbs: Compact fluorescent, fluorescent tubes, HID, fluorescent bulb ballasts (Please remove ballasts from fixtures- a small handling fee could be assessed if ballasts are not removed)
- Fuels and Solvents: Gasoline, kerosene, mineral spirits, propane, nail polish remover, charcoal lighter fluid, Tiki torch fluid, etc. (we can empty gasoline containers on-site, but please be patient as this can take some time)
- Grills: Accepted as scrap metal for no fee.
- Household Items: Oven cleaner, household cleaners, furniture polish, moth balls, vegetable (cooking) oil, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Mercury: Including fluorescent tubes/bulbs of all sizes, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), thermometers, thermostats, etc.
- Paint and Paint Products: Latex/oil-based paint, stain, varnish, polyurethane, paint stripper, etc.
- Pesticides and Poisons: Lawn fertilizers, non-agricultural pesticides, bug and weed killers are accepted free of charge
- Plastic Bags: Clean plastic bags are accepted for recycling
- Pool Chemicals: Shock, hardness reducers, PH Up/Down, etc.
- Scrap metal: Accepted for recycling (clean metal is accepted at no charge, while metal items that contain plastic, rubber, or wood components may be taken for a small fee).
- Sharps: Sharps are accepted for recycling if they are brought in a approved red, sharps container. Wastes not in an approved container will not be accepted. *We are unable to accept EpiPens at this time
- Shredded Paper: Accepted for recycling. Please bring in paper or plastic bag with staples removed.
- Small Engines: Accepted for scrap metal recycling if they have been drained of fuel and oil. (Ex: lawn mowers, weed whips, chainsaws, snow blowers, etc.) *We charge a handling fee if mower does not have fuel or oil drained.
- Tires: Tires from cars and light trucks, semi trucks, and farm tractors are accepted for a small fee. Check our price list for details. *For larger quantities of tires, please call 952-496-8787
- Wood Preservatives or Bleaches
- Yard Chemicals: Non-agricultural pesticides, poisons, bug and weed killers
Waste not accepted or listed?
View a list of Other Waste Disposal Locations in Scott County (PDF)
Some business wastes can now be accepted through our VSQG program, for a low fee (by appointment only). Call us for more information at 952-496-8477 or 952-496-8366.