Passport Applications & Photos
Making an Appointment with Scott County Customer Service
The Scott County Passport Office is open on an appointment-only basis for regular passport applications. Please review the tabs below to find information related to photos, forms, documents, and other materials you will need to successfully apply.
- You must bring all appropriate documents and a passport photo to your appointment.
- Review all forms carefully. Some may need to be notarized before you submit.
- Complete them, but do not sign them.
- Completed passport forms must be written in black ink only and on one side of the page. If a correction is needed, draw a line through the error and re-write next to it. White-out is not allowed.
- If you are behind in child support payments, you may not be able to obtain passport.
You must make an appointment to apply in person if:
Where to Apply
The Passport Office is located in the Scott County Government Center across from the Customer Service counter. Before making an appointment, you must visit the Department Of State's Passport Forms site and locate the appropriate forms. Please complete the forms to the best of your ability before your visit. We encourage the use of the online "form filler" options. Please follow the directions on their website to complete the application.
- You must bring a completed, unsigned application with you for your appointment.
- Expedited passports are not available at this time.
Making the Appointment
- If you have a life or death emergency and are traveling within 72 hours, please call 877-487-2778 to find out what options are available for you
- For families/groups of 6 people or more, please call 952-496-8150 to schedule an appointment.
- To make an appointment, use the button below. Please use Chrome or Safari for best possible experience - Internet Explorer may not function properly.
- If there are no available times, we are booked out. We encourage you to check back frequently - when cancellations occur, they will instantly appear on the calendar.
Not sure which forms to use? Use the US Dept. of State's Passport Wizard to find out.
Prepare the Appropriate Documents
- Before making an appointment, please visit the Department of State’s website at https://travel.state.gov/ or our pages to find appropriate requirements. Make sure you qualify to use the DS-11 Application form, as these are the only types we will be able to accept.
- We encourage the use of the online "form filler" - please follow the directions on their website to complete the application. You must bring a completed, unsigned application with you for your appointment.
Before visiting, know you can get passport photos taken at Walgreens, Costco, Sam’s Club, CVS and other local businesses. Please contact them directly with questions.
- Size: 2 x 2 inches
- Background: white only
- Picture: color, with a clear, full front view of your face
- No glasses
- One check per application is required. Checks are made payable to US Department of State.
- We can take credit cards, cash or check as a form of payment ONLY for Scott County fees. A convenience fee will be added at the time of transaction for credit and debit cards.
- The passport application fee and the execution fee are non-refundable. They are collected and retained by law even if a passport is not issued.