Changing / Amending a Birth Record

Scott County Update - 3/17/2020

Scott County will close all county buildings effective close of business today, March 17, to protect the safety of Scott County employees and residents.  This closure will remain in effect until at least Wednesday, April 1, 2020. 

Scott County staff will continue to provide all life-safety and emergency services and will perform all services that can be performed through email, online, telephone, or other electronic means.

County staff are developing alternative ways to provide services and will update the public as new information becomes available.

If there is incorrect or missing information on your birth record or on your child’s birth record, you may make a request for an amendment. A request for an amendment to a birth record must be made by mail to the Minnesota Department of Health.

You may obtain the forms needed at the Scott County Government Center or on the Minnesota Department of Health web site. For further information you may call their public information line at 651-201-5970 Press #0
Birth Marriage and Death