- Building Inspections
- Inspections & Scheduling
Inspections & Scheduling
On-site Visual Inspections
Coming Soon.... eScheduling through the ePermit Portal!
The ePermit Portal will soon accept eScheduling for building, plumbing and mechanical inspection requests. While the ePermit portal is being renovated, permit holders shall schedule inspections by voicemail.
Request Inspection by Voicemail
Until eScheduling through the ePermit portal is available, voicemail requests for inspection can be made between 8:00AM - 4:30PM Monday - Friday.
Requests will be processed at approximately 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, and 4:00 pm.
Please call us at 952-496-8160 and leave a detailed message with the following information when requesting an inspection:
- Permit number and Site address
- Contact name and number
- Inspection type(s)
- Requested inspection date (must be a minimum of 2-days out)
- First day inspection choice and indicate either AM or PM preference
- Second day inspection choice and indicate either AM or PM preference
- Please avoid leaving duplicate messages as inspection requests will be processed in the order received.
Using the ePermit Portal
- Use the Scott County ePermit Portal to view scheduled inspections (no log in necessary)
- Go to “Status and Fees”, enter the permit number or address and click on “Go”. The permit will open; click on “Inspections” and view the scheduled inspection.
- Staff will also provide notification of scheduled day/time, via phone call.
COVID-19 Operations for Inspections
Permit holder and project contractors shall ensure all CDC recommended safety precautions are in place and being followed on each job site.
- Prior to the inspection, the on-site contact shall prepare the site by opening any doors, cabinets, or enclosures related to the inspection.
- Inspector will meet on-site for inspection. On-site contact shall answer Covid 19 screening questions and follow CDC guidelines for mitigating potential risk of spreading the Coronavirus.
- In addition, we ask that the amount of people within the area of inspection be limited to those involved in the inspection.
- We appreciate and thank everyone for their help in keeping the community safe.
Image Inspection (Reroofing, Residing, Replacement Windows)
- Permit holder shall email digital image files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images shall be digital files only, with ability to zoom in without distortion. Website links, zip folders, and cloud storage will not be accepted.
- The permit number and project address shall be placed in the subject line of the email.
- Images shall include all required details in accordance with Digital Image Inspection Requirements (PDF). Any missing required images will result in a failed inspection.
- Image inspection notice will be by auto-email to the permit contact.
- Upon passed Reroofing Underlayment / Ice Barrier inspection: Final on-site inspection will be automatically scheduled
- Upon passed Re-Siding Weather Barrier inspection: Final on-site inspection will be automatically scheduled
- Upon passed Window Replacement Install Image inspection: Permit holder shall schedule a will meet final inspection.