Please watch for Meeting Room announcements on our COVID-19 Response Page. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call your local branch.
Meeting Room Policies
Free public meeting rooms and study rooms are available in all of our libraries. Our full Meeting Room Policy (PDF) is available for you to read, but here are a few key points:
- To reserve a room, submit your request online or speak with staff to make the reservation on your behalf. See below for directions.
- Rooms may be requested up to 90 days in advance. To ensure equitable access to meeting rooms, the Library reserves the right to limit groups to 5 meetings per month.
- Meeting room use may not interfere with the normal functions of the library.
- Meeting rooms can be used during library closed hours in Belle Plaine, Elko New Market, Jordan, New Prague, and Shakopee. You will need to check out a key with your library card if using a room outside of normal library hours. Key instructions will be sent with your confirmation email.
- The Library may not be identified or implied as a co-sponsor without prior approval from the Branch Manager. Any publicity used to promote the meeting room activity must include the following language: This is not a Scott County Library event.
- Light refreshments may be served. Each group is responsible for cleaning up after use. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- No audio/visual equipment is available in the rooms or for checkout.
How to Reserve a Meeting Room OnlineOnce you submit your request, library staff will review it as soon as possible during that library's open hours. Step-by-step tutorials available in PDF or video.
How it works:
- Submit your reservation. Please note that you are searching all seven of our libraries in this view. Double check that the room you're reserving is in your preferred library.
- You will receive an email confirming the reservation was submitted.
- Staff will review your submitted requests as soon as they can, but only during their normal open hours.
- If at any time you need to cancel, you can either click the cancellation link in your confirmation email or contact the library.