Story maps tell a story using geographic information in maps, photos, videos, narratives, and other tools.
In the Sand Creek Watershed Story Map, you’ll learn:
- What a watershed is
- Where the Sand Creek Watershed is located
- Why the Sand Creek Watershed is a source of pollution to the Minnesota River
- What the watershed’s water quality issues are and where they are located
- What’s being done to clean the polluted waters and by whom (spoiler alert: our actions can either contribute to the problems or become part of the solutions.)
- What you can do to help keep our waters clean
Click on the picture below to view the Sand Creek Watershed Story Map. View the Sand Creek Watershed webpage to find out more about the studies/data that was used to receive funding for and plan the projects shown in the story map below.