Labor Relations

The County negotiates with each of the ten unions to create binding contracts that are fiscally responsible, fair, and clearly represent the understanding of all parties.

Labor Union Contract Negotiation


Scott County has ten labor unions that represent 73% of the employee population - the remaining 27% are non-union employees. The fundamental goal of Labor Relations is to communicate with employees to create understanding and to reward employees for delivering quality public services to all citizens and customers in an effective, professional, and effective manner. The County negotiates with each of the ten unions to create binding contracts that are fiscally responsible, fair, and clearly represent the understanding of all parties.

Union contract language and County policies support our organizational culture and are administered in a fair and consistent manner. In addition, Labor Management Committees establish a partnership between the organization and employees to support the collective bargaining process and have a climate that enables all parties to openly discuss ideas.