Scott County Volunteer Program
The mission of the Scott County Volunteer Program is to provide opportunities for community members to share their skills in order to enhance the variety and quality of services delivered by Scott County.
Scott County has developed a system for the recruitment and training of volunteers to assist the needs of many of its citizens by:
- Connecting volunteers with opportunities to serve
- Building the capacity for effective local volunteering
- Promoting the value of community service
- Developing strategic initiatives to mobilize volunteers to meet local community needs.
There may be additional requirements Some volunteer programs may have additional steps or requirements when applying. If you are interested in learning more about these programs, please click on the links below.
- The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)
- The Scott County Safety Communications Group (SAFCOM)
- Sheriff's Reserve Unit
Citizen Advisory Boards and Commissions
Scott County residents also serve on a number of Boards and Committees that help advise the County leadership on programs, services, recommendations, and budgets, among other things. Interested in learning more? Click here to go to the Advisory Boards and Commissions area.
Speak Up, Scott County!
Do you just want to weigh in on a community topic? Give your thoughts about a new or emerging public issue? Check our Speak Up, Scott County page -- our online virtual townhall site -- and read about a topic, see what others are saying about it, and even add your thoughts!